Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Roughs: zine sketch, sculpey

You would be seeing two new comics here very soon, but they're being saved for my long-awaited (by me) zine, which I'm trying to have ready to print by the end of next month.. In lieu of such zine-exclusive material, here's a glimpse into the near future...

Here's a rough version of a sketch inspired by someone else's dream (thanks, Rebecca). I'm going to redraw and fancify it a bit, with the intention of using the final version as the back cover of the zine-


Also, I've been messing around with sculpey, and though most of what I've made has been scrapped and balled back up, once I have a couple more pieces baked that I'm happy with, they should be appearing here soon as well. Here we have a crude, off-model bear head from a month or two ago, my first ever test attempt at using sculpey-



ps- blogger doesn't think "fancify" is a word, apparently. It is-
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fancify
pps- Mmm... fancified hamburger. Thanks, Webster.

No comments: