Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Animals Smoking

Smoking is awful. It's terrible. I'm going to quit, I promise (right after this next one). Yes, smoking is a disgusting habit, but there's a grand tradition of smoking animals in comics, cartoons and other visual arts. From Herriman's Gooseberry Sprig to Kozik's Smorkin' Labbits, many an animal has partook in this nasty yet somehow enjoyable vice.. I felt like drawing some of my own-


These rabbits came out okay.


The thing I like about this one is how the one on the right is holding his cigarette without the aid of opposable thumbs.


I don't know about this bear.. I messed him up twice and tried to fix him without white-out, and he turned into a mess of sloppy hatching (I criticize myself so you don't have to! Comments welcome). I think he's holding his arm because he's emo or something- He came out sadder than intended, thanks to my wrist having a mind of its own when I was inking the mouth.

2 comments:

andrea said...

I love these. I think the smokin bunnies are my favorite. i wonder if bunnies can get lung cancer?

keep em coming i'm a captive audience

Jason Dunn said...

Nature's going to hell. The bear looks like a nervous wreck.