Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Brief Word of Introduction

Here I am, learning how to draw again (though you could argue that I was never really that good anyway).. Over the past few years, my urge to draw and/or write has come and gone, with patches of creativity but just as many periods where I simply don't bother. Too busy with real work, or perhaps just frustrated or lazy, I've neglected my "gift," if you'd like to call it that (and I would). This blog is being started as I catch the latest wave of inspiration, in an attempt to keep riding that bastard all the way through the rest of my days. Right now, though I don't harbor any grand expectations for a large audience with a dinky blog such as this, this blog is a reason for me to keep going. It's something to do with my drawings and comics after I'm done with them (and perhaps in time there will be other things to post about as well).

That being said, I expect to look at these drawings, etc. five years from now and cringe. Hard. Maybe it'll just be a few weeks, I don't know.. I'm kinda cringing at what my first real post is going to be right now. But that's okay (I tell myself). This blog is also an attempt to get better- to grow and learn as an artist, cartoonist, or whatever. So, enough nonsense- It's effin' blog-time!

No comments: